Friday, June 25, 2010

Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?

Legend has it that two local castles (about 15 min.s from our house) once belonged to the Montague and Capulet families.  Il Castello della Villa (Romeo's castle) and Il Castello di Bellaguardia (Juliet's castle).  The English teacher in me HAD to go there.  So my little Romeo and I went the other morning while Celia was at school. 
The two castles are separated by scenic hills, but not so far that you can't easily walk between the two.  I could just imagine Juliet looking out her castle tower to Romeo's castle.  Ahhh....love.

Just outside of Juliet's castle.
Here we are on the second floor.  Juliet's tower is behind Dean.  My 2 1/2 year old now knows about Romeo and Juliet.  Precious.
Here's Dean inside of Romeo's castle.  Festivals and shows are still hosted here.  Apparently there was a big Romeo and Juliet party in early May.  How did I miss that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment